The West Tokyo Preschool prepares children to:
- Express effectively through verbal and non-verbal communication for social and academic purposes.
- Become literate in reading and writing the English language.
- self-confidence and self-awareness about themselves.
- self-awareness about their environmental surroundings.
- Develop an understanding and appreciate different ethnicities, cultures, gender, and values.
- Develop an understanding and/or awareness about communities.
- Become participants in contributing to the communities.
- Become effective and analytical thinkers and problem solvers.
The lessons and/or activities provided in the classroom setting comply with these goals and meet the standards of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), Council of Exceptional Children (CEC), and Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).